Everyone deserves to reach their potential. Coaching can help you stay motivated and maximize the benefits of your training. Candice brings her knowledge of trail running, racing, race directing, massage therapy, and teaching into her coaching.
Coaching is affordable! One time $145 fee and $95 a month for personalized coaching including a daily training plan, periodic consultation and unlimited email contact.
Email Candice at email@example.com for more information. BTRC members get $5 off a month.
|Candice, picture taken right after completing the Wonderland FKT|
Candice's Highlights of Racing and Running
- First place woman in the Washington Ultra Series
- 1st female and 3rd overall in the 50 mile solo Rainier to Ruston Ultra
- Completed her first 100 mile race, Cascade Crest Endurance Run
- 2nd place woman in the Washington Ultra Series
- Set the FKT (fastest known time) for 48 mile Trans-Zion Crossing, unsupported (Women)
- Created the Bellingham Trail Running Series (race director for the series)
- 1st female & Course Record (9th overall) at the Lost Lake 50k
- 2nd female, 3rd overall at the Silverton Alpine 12hr race
- 2nd female, 7th overall and 4th fastest women's time ever for the Tahoe Rim Trail 100 mile endurance run. Finishing time: 22:50:47
- Set the Fastest Known Time (FKT) on the Wonderland Trail Circumnavigating Mt. Rainier, solo unsupported woman in 31hr11min57sec. Article by Trail Running Magazine.
- Solo Circumnavigation of Mt. Hood
- 3rd place woman and 8th fastest women's time ever at the HURT 100 mile Endurance Run 1/20-1/21. Finishing in 28:35.
Tarawera 100k, New Zealand. March 16, 2013
Urban Trail de Lyon, April 2013
San Juan Solstice 50 mile (if I get of the wait list!)
Summer 2013: FKT attempt at Tahoe Rim Trail, 170 mile circumnavigation of Lake Tahoe
Run Rabbit Run 100 mile, Steamboat Springs, Colorado. September 13
Trail runner, Race Director, Sports Massage Therapist, Running Bum
I have always been a runner and an explorer of the outdoors. As a kid, one could find me running through a horse pasture, blazing a trail through a swamp, or reading a book in an old Alder tree. Trail running has become an extension of my love for the outdoors, nature, and movement. I ran cross country and track in high school and competed in the occasional 5k or 10k out of school. In college I ran on my own, but more often than not I could be found in inline skates, exploring the town and paved trails.
I discovered trail running after completing my first marathon in November 2009. Some of my friends where doing the Orcas Island 25k/50k trail run, and I thought, well if I can do a marathon, then I can do a 50k. And I did. The beauty and peacefulness of the trails and camaraderie that is unique to trail runners had me hooked. I delved into trail running without looking back.
Why run on the road when you can run on the trails? Through the BTRC, I will share my passion and knowledge of trail running and training with runners looking to get into trail running. I also have unique knowledge of the body through my work as a massage therapist. I am certified as an LMP (Licensed Massage Practitioner) in Washington state. I specialize in sports massage and deep tissue and teach Sports Massage at the Port Townsend School of Massage.